IND vs SA 1st ODI: The Last Over Thrill
The first ODI of the three-match series was played between India and South Africa in Lucknow on Thursday. In the beginning, due to incessant rain, it seemed that the match would not be possible, but soon the match started. A match of 40-40 overs was played instead of 50.
Team India lost by 9 runs, but the young team led by Shikhar Dhawan fought till the last ball to win. There were many great opportunities in this match, seeing which the excitement of the match increased a lot.
IND vs SA 1st ODI: last over thrill
India needed 30 runs in the last 6 balls to win the match. Tabrez Shamsi was doing the last over of the match for Africa. At the same time, Sanju Samson was on strike.
- Shamsi bowls the first ball of the over wide.
- Samson hit a six in the next ball.
- After this, Samson sent the second ball across the boundary for four runs.
- On the third ball, Samson again hit a four, then it seemed that Samson was going to do wonders.
- But, he missed the run on the fourth ball.
- On the fifth ball, he again hit a four, but now there was nothing left for India in the match.
- He scored 1 run off the last ball. In this way, India scored 20 runs in this over.
Lungi Ngidi took the most 3 wickets for South Africa. At the same time, Samson played an innings of 86 runs for India. Batting first, South Africa scored 249 runs in 40 overs for the loss of four wickets. David Miller remained unbeaten on 75 off 63 balls and Heinrich Klaasen 74 off 65 balls.
Shardul Thakur took the maximum 2 wickets for India. Ravi Bishnoi and Kuldeep Yadav got 1-1 wickets. In reply, Team India could score only 240 runs for the loss of eight wickets in 40 overs.