India’s Batting Performance in 1st Warm-Up Match Against Australia
India started the campaign of Warm Up matches in ICC T20 World Cup 2022 here in Australia. India played the 1st Warm Up Match against the host and defending champion Australia. India started the campaign with a win.
Team India defeated Australia by 6 runs in the first warm-up match of the T20 World Cup. 11 runs were needed to win in the last over, but Mohammed Shami took 3 wickets to give India victory. He also did a runout. He was called from the dugout to bowl an over.
India’s Batting Performance
- KL Rahul performed brilliantly in the first warm-up match. He played an innings of 57 runs in 33 balls. His strike rate was 172.72.
- Rohit Sharma got out after scoring 15 runs in 14 balls. He scored runs at a strike rate of 107.
- The warm-up match was nothing special for Virat Kohli. He was dismissed for 19 runs in 13 balls. His strike rate was 146.15.
- Hardik Pandya was dismissed after scoring 2 runs in 5 balls. He scored runs at a strike rate of 40.
- Dinesh Karthik was dismissed after scoring 20 runs in 14 balls. His strike rate was 142.85.
In the match, Australia captain Aaron Finch won the toss and decided to bowl first. Batting first, Team India scored 186 runs for the loss of 6 wickets in 20 overs. KL Rahul scored the most runs for Team India. He played an innings of 57 runs in 33 balls. At the same time, Suryakumar Yadav played an innings of 51 runs in 33 balls. His strike rate was 151.51. Kane Richardson took 4 wickets for Australia.
India and Australian team
India: Rohit Sharma, KL Rahul, Virat Kohli, Suryakumar Yadav, Hardik Pandya, Dinesh Karthik, Axar Patel, R. Ashwin, Harshal Patel, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Arshdeep Singh, Mohammed Shami.
Australia: Aaron Finch, Steve Smith, Mitchell Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Marcus Stoinis, Tim David, Josh English, Ashton Agar, Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc, Kane Richardson.