South Africa Tour Of India 1st ODI: Match Review
Team India lost the first match of the three-match ODI series between India and South Africa by 9 runs. In the last over, the Indian team needed 30 runs to win and Sanju Samson fought till the last ball, but could not get the team to win. Lungi Ngidi took the most 3 wickets for South Africa. At the same time, Samson played an innings of 86 runs for India.
The match started late due to rain and the match was reduced to 40 overs. Batting first, South Africa scored 249 runs in 40 overs for the loss of four wickets. David Miller remained unbeaten on 75 off 63 balls and Heinrich Klaasen 74 off 65 balls. Shardul Thakur took the maximum 2 wickets for India. Ravi Bishnoi and Kuldeep Yadav got 1-1 wickets. In reply, Team India could score only 240 runs for the loss of eight wickets in 40 overs.
Match Review: Highlights of Indian Bowling
- Shardul Thakur gave the first blow to South Africa. He dismissed Yaneman Malan for 22 runs.
- African captain Temba Bauma’s flop show continued in the first ODI as well. He got out after scoring just 8 runs in 12 balls.
- Kuldeep Yadav bowled amazingly in his first over itself, he bowled the first 3 amazing deliveries to Aiden Markram, who was in excellent form. He could not understand his turn. He was seen struggling completely and then became clean-bowled.
- Ravi Bishnoi dismissed a fully set de Kock LBW after scoring 48 runs in his first ODI.
- Shardul Thakur came to bowl in the 9th over and on the second ball, he dropped a simple catch of Malan.
- Ravi Bishnoi and Rituraj Gaikwad made their debut for India in the first ODI.
Match Review: Playing 11 of both the teams
India: Shikhar Dhawan (captain), Shubman Gill, Rituraj Gaikwad, Shreyas Iyer, Ishan Kishan, Sanju Samson, Shardul Thakur, Kuldeep Yadav, Ravi Bishnoi, Avesh Khan, and Mohammad Siraj.
South Africa: Quinton de Kock, Yeneman Malan, Temba Bauma (captain), Aiden Markram, Henrik Klaasen, David Miller, Wayne Parnell, Keshav Maharaj, Lungi Ngidi, Tabrez Shamsi and Kagiso Rabada.