Sri Lanka vs Netherlands: Netherlands Wicket Fell, Qualification Equation
After losing the first match in the T20 World Cup qualifiers, Sri Lanka made a great comeback. They beat the Netherlands by 16 runs. With this win, the hopes of the 2014 champion Sri Lankan team entering the Super-12 have increased. Sri Lanka has won two matches in three matches and has two points in their account. The Netherlands also has two points with two wins and one loss.
Batting first, Sri Lanka scored 162 runs on Thursday. Kusal Mendis played a half-century for him. Charit Aslanka scored 31 and Bhanuka Rajapakse scored 19 runs. Meerken and Leid got two wickets each, while Klaasen-Guggen got one wicket each.
In retaliation, the Netherlands team could only score 146 runs for nine wickets in the stipulated 20 overs. On his behalf, opener Max O’Dowd fought the fort alone. He scored 71 runs. The rest of the batsmen could not do much. Wanindu Hasranga got three wickets. Mahesh Teekshana got two wickets. Lahiru Kumara and Binura Fernande got one wicket each.
Sri Lanka vs Netherlands: Netherlands’s wicket fall
- First: Vikramjit Singh got caught by Shanaka off the ball of Teekshana.
- Second: Lead was caught by Kumara in the hands of Mendis.
- Third: Ackerman is out for zero. He was caught and bowled by De Silva.
- Fourth: Tom Cooper was clean bowled by Teekshna. Cooper was dismissed after scoring 16 runs.
- Fifth: Scott Edwards was bowled by Fernandes.
- Sixth: Pringle is run out. He scored 2 runs.
- Seventh: Guggen is bowled by De Silva.
- Eighth: Klaasen was bowled by De Silva.
Namibia win the Netherlands out
Even after this defeat, the hopes of going into the Super-12 of the Netherlands are fixed on the match between UAE and Namibia. Currently, with the help of two wins from the Netherlands, they are in the second number of the points table with 4 points. But, the team’s run rate is -0.162. In such a situation, if Namibia’s team beats UAE, then it will get 4 points and the team will come into Super-12 with a better run rate.