West Indies vs Zimbabwe Qualifier Of ICC T20 World Cup 2022: WI Won The Match By 31 Runs
The West Indies team made a strong comeback after losing the first match in Scotland. West Indies beat Zimbabwe by 31 runs in the 8th match of the World Cup. In the match, West Indies, batting first, won the toss and set a target of 154 runs in front of Zimbabwe.
Johnson Charles scored 45, Rovman Powell 28, and Akeel Hossein scored 23 runs for West Indies. Sikandar Raza took three wickets for Zimbabwe. At the same time, Blessing Mujarbani got two and Sean Williams got one wicket. In reply, Zimbabwe’s team was all out after scoring 122 runs in 18.2 overs. Alzarri Joseph took 4 wickets for 16 runs.
This was the must-win match for WI. West Indies had to face defeat against Scotland. West Indies have to play their last league match against Ireland on 21 October. Both have lost one match each.
West Indies vs Zimbabwe: West Indies wickets fell like this…
- First: Top edge off the bat of Kyle Meyers (13) and the ball is caught by the captain and wicketkeeper Chakabwa.
- Second: Evin Lewis (15) wanted to play a big shot, but Raza’s ball was caught by Shumba long on.
- Third: Captain Nicholas Pooran (7) could not play a big inning. Williams caught his catch in the following throw.
- Fourth: Johnson Charles (45) is run out. He was close to a half-century.
- Fifth: Shimrah Brooks returns to a score of zero. He was LBW by Sikandar Raza.
- Sixth: Jason Holder was dismissed for 4 runs. He was caught by Raza.
Playing XI of both teams
West Indies: Kyle Meyers, Johnson Charles, Evin Lewis, Shimrah Brooke, Nicholas Pooran (c & wk), Rovman Powell, Jason Holder, Akil Hossein, Odeon Smith, Brandon King, Alzarri Joseph.
Zimbabwe: Regis Chakabwa (Captain), Wesley Madhevere, Sean Williams, Alexander Raza, Milton Shumba, Tony Mioniga, Ryan Burle, L.A. Jongwe, T. Chatra, R. Nagarwa, Blessing Mujrabani.